Hackney Chess club events – Saturday knights are getting longer!
With immediate effect, we are concentrating our social chess events to Saturdays at the Rochester Castle. We are extending the hours to start at 5pm and finish at closing time.
So what will this mean?
- The main point is that Saturday evenings will now be be our club night. Our legendary Saturday night sessions involve all level of players, from beginner to grandmaster and as The Rochester Castle is a child-friendly pub, we can also accommodate junior players accompanied by an adult from 5pm to 9pm (when the landlord asks for juniors to leave). Adults can turn up any time from 5pm. For further information on our work with juniors please email HCC secretary Mark Rivlin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We welcome players of all ability to the Rochester Castle so feel free to turn up any time between 5pm and closing time. We are always situated in the back of the pub. A special thanks to our player Robin Oakley who has agreed to set up the Rochester evenings from 5pm.
- We will not be running official sessions at Gorki on Sundays but there will be times that our players will be there so feel free to turn up and have a few games. The sets are available to play with any time.
- There are also social chess sessions at the Pembury Tavern (90 Amhurst Rd, London E8 1JH) on Thursday evenings. These sessions are not part of Hackney Chess Club but they are a lovely group of people who welcome chess enthusiasts of all levels.
- Last season 83 people represented Hackney Chess Club in various leagues so whatever your level, if you like chess we may have a slot for you in one of our teams. So do come to the Rochester Castle!
We look forward to welcoming you!